This Official Community Plan was adopted by the Town of Wynyard, in accordance with sections 29 and 32 of The Planning and Development Act, 2007, (the Act) to provide a framework of goals, objectives, and policies to guide the management and use of land, along with its future development, within the Town limits. The Plan was designed to assist decision-makers in securing the future and current goals of the community while evaluating the future effects of decisions regarding land use planning.
The Town of Wynyard recognizes the importance of a Plan to accommodate future population growth, expansion of the local economy, and enhancement of social, cultural, and recreational opportunities. The Official Community Plan (OCP) will:
• Prioritize future decisions and actions;
• Foster consistency between the administration and Council decisions around both strategic planning and future directions;
• Identify population/demographic shifts;
• Manage Town priorities; and
• Provide a long-term Plan that strengthens the Town’s role as a regional hub for both economic and social activities.